We are proud to be a business sponsor and local supporter of the Wiseburn Ed Foundation in 2019. Great schools are the foundation of our community and the award winning schools of Wiseburn are a big reason why so many buyers want to live in the area. We look forward to our partnership with the district. See the current homes for sale in the Wiseburn School District
It’s no real secret that good schools help drive real estate home prices and the Wiseburn School District is integral to keeping home values high in 360 and the Hollyglen areas. Buyers with kids want to be in areas with good schools and that higher demand helps keep values up. Even those without kids greatly benefit from a strong school system. The stronger the schools the more insulated a market is from any downturns.
This couldn’t be more clear than in 360 and the Hollyglen/Del Aire area of Hawthorne. Values are considerably higher for homes in the Wiseburn School District…..even homes that are directly across the street.
With the construction of a high school in the Wiseburn District, the appeal for homes in the area has only increased.
A recent CAR study showed that 47% of home buyers said good schools were very importan, 23% said that they were somewhat important, 11% said not very important and 19% said that it was not important at all.
The 19% may not realize just how much of an influence schools play on values and demand. Good elementary schools are often part of a good community and without question most buyers would like to live in a good community.
The Wiseburn School District is highly ranked and that creates a very high demand, especially for families thinking of living in this coastal community.
The study also conclued that 43% of consumers age 34 or under believe highly rated schools are very important. 58% of consumers earning more than $100,000 a year think that highly rated schools are very important.
One of the elements that makes Three Sixty at South Bay such a great community and housing option is the award winning Wiseburn School District. Although located in the city of Hawthorne, 360 sits in the Hollyglen neighborhood and residents attend this award winning school system. Not only are the schools highly rated, but they offer a great neighborhood feel with most being walkable from wherever you live in the area. One of the main concerns residents have had over the years is the lack of a local high school. Students that graduated from the local middle school were often then enrolled in the Centinela Valley district. As of 2015 a bond measure was passed for the Bouconstruction of a local high school that will be located in nearby El Segundo.
From a real estate perspective the Wiseburn School District has a significant impact on housing values. Homes in the district are generally priced considerably higher than those outside of the district boundaries…even if just a few blocks away. See the current homes for sale in that attend the Wiseburn School District**
The Wiseburn Unified School District is a small public school system in the El Segundo/west Hawthorne area that serves the Wiseburn communities of Del Aire, Hollyglen, and Wiseburn.
The Wiseburn Unified School District has entered into a partnership with the Da Vinci Charter Schools since 2009. These independent charter schools were locally created to provide a high school option for Wiseburn students. As mentioned above, in 2015 a bond measure was passed allowing for the construction of the Wiseburn High School campus that would house the three separate Da Vinci Charter Schools.
As the Wiseburn district is hightly sought after the district has boundary requirements for local residents. The district boundaries are roughly Sepulveda Boulevard on the west, Marine Avenue on the south, Imperial Highway on the north, and Inglewood Avenue on the east. **Please note that we are providing the following for information only and cannot guarantee eligibility to the district. Please consult with the district offices to determine residency restrictions and elegibility for the district.
- Elementary school is Juan De Anza located at 12110 S Hindry
- South of Imperial Highway to W. 127th Place, street numbers start with 5000 on all east-west streets between Aviation Boulevard and Felton Avenue.
- Only the west side of Felton Avenue between Imperial Highway and W. 121st Street, but both sides of Felton Avenue south of W. 121st Street.
- Avaire South Bay Apartments on 11622 Aviation Boulevard with a 90304 zip code.
- The apartment complex on 5211 Pacific Concourse Drive and 11775 La Cienega Boulevard, both with a 90045 zip code.
- ThreeSixty at South Bay homes on the corner of Aviation Boulevard and El Segundo Boulevard.
- Elementary schools are Juan Cabrillo and Peter Burnett
- The eastside of the 405 Fwy – South of El Segundo Boulevard to W. 138th Street, numbers start with 4800 and end with 5199 between La Cienega Boulevard and Inglewood Avenue. Only the west side of Inglewood Avenue between El Segundo Boulevard and W. 138thStreet. (Please note, that the following are not in the Wiseburn District: houses numbered 4800-5199 on W. 139th Street to Rosecrans Avenue, as well as numbers higher than 13811 on La Cienega Boulevard, Oceangate Avenue, Shoup Avenue, and Inglewood Avenue. These homes belong to the Lawndale School District).
- The westside of the 405 Fwy – South of El Segundo Boulevard to Rosecrans Avenue numbers run from 5236-5550 and 13300-14100.
- The condominiums on Marine Avenue, numbered 5401-5497, Units A & B, south of Rosecrans Avenue.
- Fusion at South Bay homes on Aviation between Marine Avenue and Rosecrans Avenue.
The northern and southern boundaries west of Aviation Boulevard are Imperial Highway and Rosecrans, respectively with Sepulveda. The area is part of the City of El Segundo and is mostly commercial space.
Juan de Anza Elementary School
Kindergarten – Fifth Grade
12110 S. Hindry Avenue, Hawthorne, CA 90250
Phone: (310) 725-2100
Peter Burnett Elementary School
Third – Fifth Grade
5403 W. 138th Street, Hawthorne, CA 90250
Phone: (310) 725-2151
Richard Henry Dana Middle School
Sixth – Eighth Grade
5504 W. 135th Street, Hawthorne, CA 90250
Phone: (310) 725-4700
Current Homes for Sale in the Wiseburn School District**
**This information is provided for refererence and we make no assurances that the homes above are in the Wiseburn District. Please consult with the school district for to confirm residency status and whether the homes are in the district boundaries. For more information visit the Wiseburn District Website and school boundary page.