While many people seem to think that the gated community of Three Sixty is in El Segundo…..it’s not. 360 is located in the Hollyglen
neighborhood of Hawthorne CA. El Segundo is a very popular city offering more affordable prices than Manhattan and Hermosa, a shorter commute and a great small town charm and award winning schools..
This small coastal community offers a quaint, small town atmosphere combined with a thriving business environment home to some of the region’s most prestigious corporations.
There are also two rare newer construction communities called Waypointe townhomes and Pacific Landing single family homes.
Conveniently located just south of Los Angeles International Airport, adjacent to the Pacific Ocean, and quickly accessible to the 105 and 405 freeways, El Segundo is ideally situated between Los Angeles and the South Bay beach communities. El Segundo prides itself on its excellent schools, quality recreation programs, safe neighborhoods and unparalleled city services.
El Segundo real estate resources
- Imperial on the north
- Sepulveda on the east
- El Segundo Blvd on south
- Hyperion Water Treatment Plant on the west
- Rosecrans divides Manhattan Beach and El Segundo
El Segundo Information and History
- There are no other residential cities that are contiguous with El Segundo
- Residents have priority for recreational facilities within the city
- 2nd west coast refinery built for Chevron – City developed for workers of Chevron – 1st refinery was built up north. Name “El Segundo” stands for “the second” refinery Chevron built. Chevron has a park on the northeast corner of the refinery within the ground for employees to enjoy.
- Two Elementary – Center Street and Richmond
- One Middle School – El Segundo Middle School
- One high school – El Segundo High School
- One new private school – Vista Mar – within El Segundo city limits (eastern side of PCH within the Wiseburn City School District
- Along Imperial majority are apartments / A few townhomes and the newly built Waypointe
- Imperial Ave – busy street / Imperial Way small strip of a street – See condo spotlight on Pacific Sands
- Main Street dissects the city and homes in and around the center are often the most sought after
- West of Main older homes – first part of city developed
- As you get closer to Grand there are more multi-family properties
- New construction at the communities of Waypointe townhomes and Pacific Landing on the farthest north area of El Segundo.
- Condos from low $600,000’s. The lowest priced condos are generally in the Pacific Sands condo complex at 770 W Imperial
- SFR from high $1.2Ms up to $3.5M
- Town homes low $$1.0M’s to $1.5M
- Lots of remodels
- No standard lot sizes
Want an even easier way to search for homes in El Segundo? Tell us just a bit about your dream home and we’ll customize a home search and send you FREE daily email updates.